Steelton Borough, in partnership with Capital City Bassmasters, will host the inaugural Steelton Fishing Classic on Saturday, September 17th at the Steelton Boat Launch. This tournament is a two-person team competition with cash prizes going to the top teams.
Boaters and anglers of all ages are encouraged to register for the event by September 9th.
Top prizes will be awarded to teams that catch the largest catfish, largest walleye, and best overall catch. A free cookout and awards ceremony will be held after the tournament.
Participants can download an application from www.steeltonpa.com or visit Steelton Borough Hall to apply in person. Registration is $100 per two person team.
Brian Proctor – 717-319-5427
Barry Potteiger – (717) 497-1959
CATFISH | WALLEYE
September 17th, 2016 from 6 AM to 2:30 PM
Registration Begins at 4 AM
2 person Team Tournament – Entry Fee $100 with $10 Optional Lunker.
$20 additional to register at the ramp
Location: The Steelton Borough Boat Ramp
Applications must be received no later than September 9th with the registration form and a personal check, cashier’s check, money order or cash. Cash only with ramp registration.
Tournament Boundaries: Susquehanna River
- North – Southernmost point on I-83 Bridge piers
- South – 200 yards above York Haven and Red Hill Dams
Official Tournament RULES
- Two (2) person team per boat. A team using 2 kayaks is permitted but must remain together.
- Two (2) rods are allowed to be in use by each team member.
- Live bait, stink bait, and artificial baits allowed. No snagging or bow fishing.
- Tournament team winner will be determined by combined total weight of one catfish and one walleye.
- Livewells are encouraged but fish may be brought in using fish bags or stringers.
- Dead fish are the responsibility of the contestant after being weighed.
- Optional lunker pool will be split by largest catfish and largest walleye.
- Walleye must be at least 15 inch in size, no other size limits apply.
- Scale will be open from 8 AM to end of tournament. You may weigh a fish anytime and continue to fish and replace with a larger fish of that species.
- All PA Fish Commission rules apply. Live Vests must be worn when motor is running.
- Tournament Committee has final decision on ALL issues.
70% of proceeds will be paid to 20% of the field.
As an example with 30 boats. Total Payout will be $2,100
- 1st place: $1,000
- 2nd place: $500
- 3rd place: $250
- 4th place: $130
- 5th place: $120
- 6th place: $100
Lunker payout will be in addition to the above
Tournament will be run by Capital City Bassmasters
Free Picnic and Awards Ceremony at completions of the tournament
2016 Bass Tournament Flyer
Steelton Fishing Classic 2016 Application