Due to COVID-19 health concerns, street sweeping in the Borough of Steelton will NOT be enforced beginning April 1st. The warnings issued today were in error and the Steelton Borough Police Department WILL NOT be enforcing street sweeping violations until further notice. We apologize for any confusion this may cause. Please disregard any warning you may have received and remember that all other parking/safety violations will be enforced.
On March 25, 2020, following our daily briefing on COVID-19, the Borough of Steelton in conjunction with the Steelton Police Department made the decision that ALL Borough parks and playgrounds, including equipment, play areas, basketball courts, picnic areas, and the skate park are CLOSED until further notice. In regards to the boat launch, the pavilion is closed, however the boat launch remains open for boaters.
Signs will be posted on each of the parks with this notification. This decision was made to protect residents, specifically children in the borough, from exposure to COVID-19. We are doing our best to ensure the safety and health of all borough residents.
This notice includes the following locations:
- Bailey Street Park/East Side Park – Bailey Street between Ridge St & Frank S. Brown Blvd (Adams St)
- East End Park – South 4th Street & P Street Mohn Street Park – South 3rd Street & Mohn Street
- Municipal Park & Skate Park – North 3rd Alley & Franklin Street
- Poplar Street Park – Between Walnut Street & Poplar Street
- Reich Field – Reynders Street & Spruce Street
- Ryan Mohn Memorial Park – Primrose Ave & Cottage Hill Lane
- Veterans Park – North Front Street & Franklin
- Street Boat Launch – Mumma Street & Charles Street, Highspire (PAVILION CLOSED, LAUNCH OPEN)
The Mayor extended the Disaster Declaration for another 7 days. We ask that you continue to follow the precautions of the CDC and follow the mandates of the Governor. We, in Pennsylvania, have not been faced with the worse yet and if we continue to follow these directions, hopefully we won’t.
Mayor signed a Declaration of Disaster Emergency. This declaration covers costs associated with the emergency protective measures that are being taken to protect the residents of the Borough. This is a funding declaration and it is not necessary for residents to take any action.
Due to COVID-19 containment efforts, the Borough Building is closed with only a few administrative staff on-site. The majority of staff are working remotely. If you need to contact the staff directly please use the following email addresses or phone numbers:
Anne Shambaugh | Borough Manager
717-939-9842 ext 5030 | email@example.com
Aaron Curry | Director, Code Department
717-939-9842 ext 5020 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Michele Powell | Sewer Billing
717-939-9842 ext 5012 | email@example.com
Marianne Reider | Tax Collector