On March 25, 2020, following our daily briefing on COVID-19, the Borough of Steelton in conjunction with the Steelton Police Department made the decision that ALL Borough parks and playgrounds, including equipment, play areas, basketball courts, picnic areas, and the skate park are CLOSED until further notice. In regards to the boat launch, the pavilion is closed, however the boat launch remains open for boaters.
Signs will be posted on each of the parks with this notification. This decision was made to protect residents, specifically children in the borough, from exposure to COVID-19. We are doing our best to ensure the safety and health of all borough residents.
This notice includes the following locations:
- Bailey Street Park/East Side Park – Bailey Street between Ridge St & Frank S. Brown Blvd (Adams St)
- East End Park – South 4th Street & P Street Mohn Street Park – South 3rd Street & Mohn Street
- Municipal Park & Skate Park – North 3rd Alley & Franklin Street
- Poplar Street Park – Between Walnut Street & Poplar Street
- Reich Field – Reynders Street & Spruce Street
- Ryan Mohn Memorial Park – Primrose Ave & Cottage Hill Lane
- Veterans Park – North Front Street & Franklin
- Street Boat Launch – Mumma Street & Charles Street, Highspire (PAVILION CLOSED, LAUNCH OPEN)