Website Steelton Borough
The Borough of Steelton is seeking a qualified individual to serve as a Property Maintenance Officer in the Codes Office. This is a part-time, 30 hours per week position with a starting rate of $14 per hour.
This position will be primarily responsible for inspecting rental properties within the borough to ensure compliance with borough codes/ordinances. This position will entail daily contact with constituents (housing dwellers, property owners, business owners, etc.) as well as frequent contact with other employees in the Department.
Duties of this positions include:
- Perform on a daily basis rental inspections of single and multi-family dwellings.
- Prepare inspection reports
- Compile daily, weekly and monthly reports indicating quantity of inspections performed, number of violations found and status of corrections to violations.
- Investigate constituent complaints and prepare any necessary warnings, tickets, notices of violations, citations, etc
- File prosecution with District judge if violations are not corrected and attend court hearings as necessary.
- Follow all Department Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform other assignments/tasks as assigned by Department Director including property maintenance duties.
Applicants are required to have a high school diploma or equivalent with the ability to obtain required property maintenance and housing inspector certifications within six months of hire. A minimum of two (2) years of previous experience in construction (or related field) is required.
Applicants must have strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, and have excellent skills in written/oral communication, conflict resolution/de-escalation, ability to manage a heavy caseload, and organization of high volumes of paper and electronic information. Must possess a valid PA driver’s license Class C with clean driving record.
Apply by filling out an application available online at Online PDF Application/ or in person at the Steelton Borough Office located at 123 North Front Street, Steelton, PA 17113. Please submit a resume along with your application to Douglas Brown by emailing them to email@example.com or dropping them off at the Borough Office. Applications and resumes due by Friday, February 23rd at 4:30pm. Steelton Borough is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.steeltonpa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/BoroughJobApplication2015.pdf →