It is the Borough’s pleasure to honor local and national organizations, events and individuals for notable efforts by presenting them with an official proclamation from the Mayor.
Constituents who desire a proclamation from the Mayor to commemorate special events can submit their requests directly to Terry Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org. Each request will go through an internal review process. Therefore, please submit your request at least four weeks in advance of the date the proclamation is requested.
Please be advised that proclamations are approved or denied at the Mayor’s discretion. Duplicate or repetitive proclamations will be denied. When submitting your requests please make sure to include all pertinent information being proposed for document. The lack of information will result in a denial.
Please be sure to include the following information:
- Proposed language to include 4-6 “whereas” clauses
- Historical facts
- Purpose of Proclamation (special birthday, organizational honor, community impact, etc.)
- Requestor (Individual, agency or organization)
- Contact Person (include name, email and phone number)
- Date of Proclamation
- Delivery Method (Pick up or presented by Mayor. Please that the Mayor has the right to approve or deny the request.)
Proclamations are picked up at the Frederick Douglas Municipal Building, 123 N. Front Street, Steelton, PA 17113 between the hours of 7:30am-3pm Monday-Friday.