Borough of Steelton
** Currently there are no Vacancies on the Zoning Hearing Board, but the Borough of Steelton is collecting resumes to fill vacancies as they occur.
The Borough of Steelton is seeking resumes from residents interested in appointment to the Steelton Borough Zoning Hearing Board. Applicants must be residents of Steelton Borough, be willing to serve a term of up to three (3) years, and be available to attend meetings held the third Thursday of every month at 6pm. Knowledge and experience in local government zoning and planning is preferred. Applicants may hold no other elected or appointed office in the Borough, nor may any applicant be an employee of the Borough.
The Zoning Hearing Board hears requests for variances where it is alleged the Steelton Borough’s Zoning Ordinance inflicts unnecessary hardship on an applicant. The Board has the authority to grant zoning variances under certain conditions.
The Zoning Hearing Board also has jurisdiction to hear and render final decisions on the following matters:
- Challenges to the validity of borough land-use ordinances
- Appeals of determinations by the Steelton Borough Zoning Officer
- Appeals of determinations by the Borough Zoning Officer or Borough Engineer regarding floodplain management or flood hazard ordinances or such provisions in a land-use ordinance
- Applications for variances from the terms of Steelton Borough’s zoning and flood hazard ordinances or such provisions within a land use ordinance
- Applications for special exceptions under zoning, floodplain or flood hazard ordinances of such provisions within a land use ordinance
- Appeals of determinations of the Zoning Officer or Borough Engineer in the administration of any land use ordinance or provision thereof with reference to sedimentation and erosion control, and storm water management.
To be considered for appointment to the Steelton Borough Zoning Hearing Board, please submit your resume to Douglas Brown, Borough Manager, at 123 North Front Street, Steelton, PA 17113 or email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org