Dear Borough Residents:
Tomorrow, January 25, 2016, the Steelton Borough Office will be closed. However, due to inclement weather conditions, all essential employees including Public Works and Police Department staff will report to work as regularly scheduled.
The Steelton Public Works Department, Police Department, and Fire Company have been working non-stop since Friday to clear roadways in the Borough. The snow storm experienced this weekend is a record-breaking event. Steelton Borough has expended all staff and resources to keep residents safe in this historical event.
In an effort to do your part please adhere to the following guidelines:
- DO NOT travel unless it is absolutely necessary.
- DO NOT shovel snow into the street. We have plowed the streets to allow access for emergency purposes. Shoveling snow into the streets that we have plowed will only make this harder. Police are prepared to address any incidents of residents shoveling snow into the street.
- Please be ready to move your car. If you are parked on a secondary street or an alley, we will most likely ask you to move your car in order to clear your street from curb to curb.
- DO help your neighbors. During this time, the elderly and those who have health problems need our presence and support more than ever.
- DO be patient. A snow storm of this magnitude will take days to resolve and the Borough sincerely appreciates your cooperation.
The plan for Monday, January 25, 2016, is as follows:
- Public Works staff will continue to focus on removing snow from Front Street as well as clearing alleys and smaller secondary streets.
- If our resources are successful clearing Front Street of snow, we anticipate it being open for parking. However, we ask that residents on Second Street, Third Street, and other snow emergency routes be ready to relocate their cars in order to allow staff to clear streets and move snow.
As a reminder, please use the following numbers for snow-related issues:
- In the case of an emergency, immediately dial 9-1-1
- To report issues related to water-lines, sewer-lines, utilities, or streets, call the Steelton Public Works staff at 717-939-5282 ext. 2
- To report any health, safety, or welfare issues related to the storm, call the Steelton Fire Department at (717) 939-2478 or the Steelton Police Department at (717)-939-9841
- Report any power outages to PPL Electric Utilities 1-800-DIAL-PPL (1-800-342-5775) / PPL Outage Center
Doug Brown, Borough Manager