On Monday January 3rd the Steelton Borough swore in their newly elected officials.
Mayor Elect Cierra Dent was sworn in by Judge Sonya Marie McKnight, Council Elect Willie Slade was sworn in by Judge Edward M. Marsico, Jr., re-elected council member Natashia Woods was sworn in by Judge Sonya Marie McKnight, re-elected council member Brian Proctor was sworn in by Judge Edward M. Marsico, Jr., and Tax Collector elect Mary J. Carricato was sworn in by Judge Edward M. Marsico, Jr..
Following the swearing in of the newly elected officials, council nominated and elected Brian Proctor as Council President, Michael Segina as Council Vice President, and Denae House as Chair Pro Tem.
Council also voted on the following other positions for 2022:
- Solicitor | Ryan Gonder, Mcnees Wallace, Pc – Engagement Letter & Agreement
- Solicitor For Police Negotiations | Michael M. Miller, Eckert Seamans LLP
- Solicitor For Non-Uniform Negotiations | Michael M. Miller, Eckert Seamans LLP
- Borough Engineer | Randy Watts, Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, Inc.
- Code/Zoning/Planning Officer | Aaron Curry
- Fire Chief | Gene Vance
- Assistant Fire Chief | Andrew Mahalchick
- Battalion Chief | Stephen Brubacher, Jr.
- Emergency Management Coordinator | Connor Higgins
- Vacancy Board Chair | Stephen Shaver
Council meets the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month at the Frederick Douglas Municipal Building, 123 North Front Street at 6:30pm. Please check the website for the meeting schedule.